The following is a list of selected awards. For a complete list, please refer to my CV.
2017 University of Colorado Sociology Outstanding Research Paper Award ($500)
- Awarded to one graduate student annually and based on blinded review of single-authored graduate student papers.
2017 University of Colorado Sociology Graduate Instructor of the Year Award ($500)
- Awarded to one graduate student annually who has demonstrated excellent teaching and a commitment to teaching development as a graduate part-time instructor (GPTI).
2016 SAGE Teaching Innovations and Professional Development Award. ($600)
- This award is presented to selected early-career sociologists in order to cover expenses associated with attending the ASA Section on Teaching and Learning pre-conference.
2015 University of Colorado Department of Sociology Dissertation Expense Award ($1,000)
- This award is presented to an advanced graduate student in the Department of Sociology to cover dissertation research-related expenses.
2014 Colorado Women’s Education Foundation Award ($1,000)
- This competitive award is presented to Colorado women who demonstrate academic ability, career promise, financial need, and a high level of giving back to the community. I used this award to help cover conference attendance costs as well as dissertation research expenses.
2014 University of Colorado Betsy Moen Mathiot “Walk the Talk” Award ($500)
- Presented by the University of Colorado Feminists in Sociology to graduate students who seek to improve the lives of women through their teaching, research, and activism.
2014 University of Colorado Department of Sociology Special Topics in Sociology Fellowship ($500)
- This competitive fellowship provides a sociology graduate student the opportunity to design and teach a proposed undergraduate course covering a special topic chosen by the applicant.